90s X-Men Blue Team - Beast, Gambit, Cyclops, Rogue, Psylocke and Wolverine
Favorite Comics Week: All-New X-Factor
This book makes me laugh, without fail, every damn month. That should be recommendation enough, because who doesn’t want just a fun, funny comic in their lives? But FINE allow me to explain OTHER AWESOME THINGS ABOUT THIS
- Gambit is there. Gambit is charming. Gambit is naked… quite a bit. Hell yeah.
- Pietro is there. Pietro is FUCKING HILARIOUS. Pietro is a little SHIT with a heart of gold that he sneers and shows off as how much better he is than everyone because PIETRO. I literally started reading this book bc I needed some Pietro in my life and wasn’t getting any from current comics I was reading. TOTALLY FULFILLS THAT NEED.
- Pietro literally carries people (including Gambit) around like a sack of flour just. Every issue.
- Lorna is team leader, Lorna is KICK-ASS, Lorna and Pietro have testy brother-sister moments (which is another thing I’ve been missing bc where is my Wanda+Pietro sibling timez, current comics?!?!?!?!) which is adorable. Lorna and Pietro stare meaingfully at each other whenever the issue of “fathers” come up and that will never not be hilarious to me.
- There is a friendly robot transformer alien who is totally adorable (I don’t read much X-Men so this was my first introduction to Warlock. And it’s ADORABLE).
- It’s KINDA making me ship Gambit/Pietro which was NOT a ship that had occurred to me ever before in my life, but. Yeah. I’m down with it. I’m SUPER down with it. King of Thieves smarmy charmer + Elitest mutant asshole who takes the term “homo superior” FAR too literally? Yes please I am all ABOUT that.
"#can you imagine#pietro and remy#going on an adventure together#to save wanda and rogue#from the evil clutches of remender"
I’m not gonna draw the Maximoffs (sorry!), but yeah: It would be pretty awesome for X-Factor to butt in and liberate their loved ones from Uncanny Avengers hell.
You know darn well that if he had ANY idea what she has been going through, he would flip $h!t.
Gambit and Wolverine stealing the Batmobile in “Marvel Comics Versus DC” #2
Recommended Issues Reading List
- Uncanny X-Men #3-4, 8-9, 19, 24, 28, 30, 33-34, 38, 41, 45, 81, 83 109, 166-167-174, 184-187, 204, 297, 341, 343, 348-350, 359, 361, 368, 382, 385-386
- Fatal Attractions
- X-Treme X-Men #5-8, 16-19, 31, 40-42, 46
- X-Treme X-Men Annual 2001
- X-Treme X-Men: X-Pose #2
- Rogue (1995) #1-4
- Gambit (1995) #1-4
- X-Men Annual 1997
- Gambit (1999) #16
- Rogue (2004) #1-6, 12
- Gambit (2004) #3, 5, 8, 10
- X-men Legacy #220-224
- X-Men: The End Book 1 #2, 5
- X-Men: The End Book 2 #1, 3-6
- New X-Men #46
- Ultimate X-Men #50-53
- Ultimate X-Men Annual #1
- X-Men: Fairy Tales #3
Let me know if i missed anything :)
Wolverine and Gambit in Japan - Gambit flirts with the Japanese girls but they prefer Sunfire (who is dressed like a cyber samurai in the 90s) over him. Sorry Gambit, Japanese girls prefer long-haired Pretty Boys than you.
- Wolverine v1 #55
Where to start reading Gambit?
Let’s start with her first appearance in Uncanny X-Men #266 up to #267 and then continue on with
- Gambit vol. 1 #1-4
- X-Men vol. 2 (especially #1, 4, 8-9, 28, 33, 41, 45, 46-47, 81, 90, 109, 157-158, 163, 165, 171-174, 181-187, 200, 204)
- Uncanny X-Men #273, 312, 326, 343, 348, 350, 361
- Gambit & The X-Ternals
- Gambit/Wolverine: Victims
- X-Men Unlimited vol. 1 #7
- Gambit vol. 2 #1-4
- Gambit Wizard Special #1/2
- Gambit Annual ‘99
- Gambit vol. 3
- Gambit Annual 2000
- Xtreme X-Men #4-10, 16-19, 31, 43, 46
- Gambit vol. 4
- Messiah Complex
- X-Men Legacy #212-214, 224, 229, 234, 250
- X-Men Hellbound #1-3
- X-23 vol. 3
- Gambit vol. 5
- Astonishing X-Men #46-68
- All New X-Factor
Also check out X-Men: Dark Mirror and X-Men Origins: Gambit
ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #15
PETER DAVID (W)
CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO (A)
Cover by KRIS ANKA & JARED FLETCHER
• Washington is burning!
• Will Serval Enterprises’ X-Factor put out the fire?
• Or will they watch it burn?
So I actually never tough I would enjoy a title such as All New X-Factor… but COME ON!!!
It’s such a fun to read comic, with Pietro being a total troll, and Remy being well… Remy plus cats.
I really love how this two get along :c